VERUM AGRO TRADING OBTAINED THE STATUS OF AUTHORIZED ECONOMIC OPERATOR
Starting from February 23, 2023, VERUM AGRO TRADING obtained AEO status for customs simplifications. The status of Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) was granted for ensuring the security of goods in international traffic, voluntary compliance with customs regulations and cooperation with customs. Thus, being the holder of the AEO status, VERUM AGRO TRADING will benefit from a series of facilities:
- Reduced number of physical and documentary customs controls;
- The possibility of choosing the place for performing customs controls;
- Prior notification if the shipment has been selected for customs control;
- Facilitated access to customs simplifications;
- Extended terms for payment of import duties;
- Crossing the border in a priority regime without a line and on a lane specially dedicated to AEO.
"Obtaining the AEO authorization means a recognition of our efforts to build sustainable partnerships and will allow us to increase the volume of agricultural products exported, especially to European Union countries, based on simplified customs procedures," said ROBERT CLAICNET, CEO of VERUM GROUP AGRO TRADING.
AEO status can be obtained by economic agents from the Republic of Moldova, involved in external economic transactions (importers, exporters, transporters, customs brokers, customs warehouse holders, producers), who meet the conditions provided by the legislation in force. From November 2022, the AEO authorizations, issued by the Moldovan customs authorities, are also recognized in the countries of the European Union on the basis of reciprocity.